1. Compare yourself to others: Really focus hard on what others have that you don’t.
2. Criticize yourself in whatever you do: Even if you have a success, tell yourself why it’s not good enough and why it should have been more or better.
3. Criticize others in whatever they do: Expect others to be perfect, be able to read your mind, and anticipate all your needs without ever actually telling them what your wants and needs are.
4. Call yourself down for any and every mistake you make… or have ever made: Really focus hard on all the mistakes or failures you’ve had and if a success memory happens to come up, convince yourself it doesn’t really count.
5. Worry about things that are out of your control: And don’t let yourself think about how you would actually be pretty good at being able to handle the worst case scenario.
6. Make yourself anxious about problems you don’t have: Get stuck on the “WHAT IFS” and worry incessantly about very unlikely things that could happen.
7. Think others will reject and shun you if you ever do anything wrong:Remind yourself that you have to have it all together and do and say the right thing in order to be a worthwhile human being who deserves love and relationships.
8. Believe you are worthless and insignificant unless you are perfect: ALL the time and in every situation because you are the only person who is a normal, flawed, imperfect human being who goes through ups and downs, faces challenges, and has difficult times in your life.
9. Tell yourself that “no” means everyone is against you: And that people who are able to set their own limits and take care of themselves sometimes obviously must hate you.
Try it! I bet you’ll be terribly successful.