I’m not really a quotes type of person – meaning I typically don’t go seeking them out.
But I do a lot of reading on psychology, mental health, wellness, and personal development and every once and awhile, something someone has written will just seem to jump out and smack me across the face.
I usually take this as a sign that I really must be meant to hear what’s being said so I try to make a habit of writing these little doozies down.
Here is my list of both the most recent and most poignant quotes currently keeping me both motivated to move forward and grounded right where I am.
1. You can say you just don’t have time to pursue your dreams, but we all have the same 24 hours in a day. – Jeff Haden
2. If you want to fly, you’ve got to give up the sh*t that weighs you down. – Tonni Morrison
3. If you want to reach your goals faster, do at least one thing every day to work toward it – EVEN if you don’t feel like it. –Shannon Kaiser
4. Stop waiting for the right time – success is a numbers game – the more shots you take, the sooner you will have success. – Jeff Haden
5. Don’t make excuses for why you can’t get it done. Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen. – Rock Christopher
6. Resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. – Annonymous
7. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
8. Release your expectations about the outcome so you don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy the journey. – Unknown
9. It’s not about waiting for something to happen in order to start enjoying your life. Life is now. This is it and if you’re not careful, you’re going to miss it all. -Unknown
10. We have 2 ears and 1 mouth. This is so we can listen twice as much as we speak. –First Nations Wisdom
11. No one can make you feel bad about yourself unless you let them. – Unknown
12. For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
13. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain
14. Be kind to unkind people. They need it most. –Nika Stewart
15. What I lack in intelligence and talent I make up for with persistence and determination. – Julia Kristina Mah
Are there any important quotes you keep near and dear?
Did you know you can now ‘Like’ Julia Kristina Counselling on Facebook? It’s true, I wouldn’t lie.